In February 1953, Chung-Ang College, which continued its education offerings throughout the entire wartime period, was accredited as a comprehensive university that consisted of a graduate school and four component Undergraduate Schools--the College of Liberal Arts & Science, the College of Law, the College of Business, and the College of Pharmacy. Also, Dr. Yim was appointed as the first president of the university. After a ceasefire in the Korean War was declared, the school returned to its Seoul campus.
Nevertheless, classes were taught in temporary buildings because of the US Army's occupancy of the Seoul campus, which was returned to the school after one semester.
The University continued to grow and expand to 19 major areas in four Undergraduate Schools, with a student population of 2,850 by 1959.
To cope with its growth, the Pfeiffer Hall was constructed in 1956, and the main library, in 1959.
The University was growing not only in terms of campus infrastructure, but also in the educational sphere with the establishment of the International Culture Institute to enhance research activities, and with the incorporation of a kindergarten, Young-Shin Junior High School, Young-Shin Women's Junior High School, Nakyang Junior High School, and Nakyang Technical High School as its sister schools to provide