Live for Justice, Live in Truth
Be strong, courageous, respectable, wise and kind for your own sake; devoted to your parents; loyal to your nation; and committed to world peace.
"I will work and pray day and night so that my beloved sons and daughters will be strong, courageous, respectable, wise and kind for their own sake; devoted to their parents; loyal to their nation; and committed to world peace. I am sure my efforts and prayer will be answered. I also pray for my sons and daughters to practice my principle: ‘Live for Justice, Live in Truth’, and become an eternal sun and eternal well for the nation".- Dr. Louise Yim, Chung-Ang University is eternal life, May 22nd, 1963
- Educational vision
- The central vision of CAU is to achieve "Justice and Truth", the raison d'etre (reason of being) of the university. We encourage the pursuit of truth through learning, training and exploring, and we champion social justice through participati on and tolerance.
- Educational mission
- Based on its motto, "Justice and Truth", the educational mission of CAU is to provide its students with general knowledge required for cultured leadership, specialized knowledge for developing the country, and the open-minded worldview to bring about harmony in the nation and the world.
- To cultivate individuals with broad intellectual interests and endless passion for personal growth.
- To nurture professionals with both theoretical and practical knowledge.
- To develop creative individuals with both academic and industrial research capabilities.
- To produce citizens committed to their community and the world.
- To foster cultured individuals who cherish valuable traditions and embrace other cultures.