Chung-Ang University is now aiming to become one of the leading education institutions in the world by 2018, its centennial year. It has already set an innovative pace in internationalizing its campus.

  • Academic Calendar
  • Undergraduate School
    • Humanities
    • Social Sciences
    • Education
    • Natural Sciences
    • Biotechnology
    • Engineering
    • ICT Engineering
    • Business & Economics
    • Medicine
    • Pharmacy
    • Nursing
    • Art
    • Sport Sciences
    • College of General Education
    • Academic Resources
  • Graduate School
  • Professional Schools
  • Special Graduate Programs
  • Research Institutes
  • Centers
  • CAU Business School

Current Location : CAU | Academics | Undergraduate School | Academic Resources

Academic Resources

  • Academic Year & Classes
  • Registration
  • Exams & Evaluation
  • Minor Program
  • Double Majors
  • Changing Major
  • Credit Transfer
  • Graduation Audit
  • Credit Registration
  • Leave of Absence
  • Immigration Issues
  • Student ID Card

Eligibility & Procedures

  • Students are eligible to apply for double majors after taking the required subjects in their main department (faculty) for at least two semesters (one semester for transfer students), with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (72 out of 100 points).
  • Upon submission of a request at the end of the semester, an application for double majors within the unit (division, faculty) will be approved without restriction.
  • Students may make a request for double majors on the Web ( during the designated period.
  • Students may also earn double and triple majors from other departments (faculties).
  • Students are not allowed to double-major at the College of Pharmacy and College of Medicine.
  • Upon completion, both majors will appear on the diploma.
  • The completion of double majors will be reflected on all the academic records of the concerned student.
  • Subjects competed before the double-major approval will be counted as electives.
  • Students may be allowed to double-major up to two times.
  • When a student graduates without having completed the double-major requirements, he/she will earn only the degree with completed requirements. Upon request, however, the student may postpone his/her graduation until his/her completion of the required units for his/her second major.

Required units for Double Majors

Students must complete all the units applicable to their double majors required by the applicable department or faculty
  • Division of Liberal Arts & Social Science: 36 units
  • College of Education: 42 units
  • Division of Science & Engineering: 45 units
  • College of Law, College of Arts, College of Sports Science, College of Korean Music,
    and College of Music: 54 units

Withdrawal from Double Majors

Students must complete all the units applicable to their double majors required by the applicable department or faculty
  • Those who wish to withdraw from their double majors should fill out a Double-Major Withdrawal Form and should submit it to the administration office of the college they were originally enrolled in.
  • Units earned towards double majors will be counted towards either the elective subjects or a minor program, upon the request of the concerned student.

End of Content. (Skip Navigation)

Top of the screen